3 married children . . . Katelyn, age 30, married to Michael, and parents to Evy, age 22 months, Baby James who is with Jesus ❤️, and Baby #3 due April 2019; Emily, age 28, married to Joe, and parents to Micah, age 2 (almost! 12/25) , and Baby #2 due January 2019; Corey, age 24, married to Morgan.
We met at the University of Virginia, where we were both involved in the ministry of the Baptist Student Union. We dated for one year. Kevin proposed following his 21st birthday party, on the steps of his high school, John Handley High School in Winchester, Virginia. We were engaged for one year, were married following Kevin’s graduation from UVA, and then lived in married student housing for another year while Brenda completed her Senior year.
– Making time for us . . . learning to balance ministry needs, family needs, personal needs, and time for us. . . This is still a challenge!
– Communication differences . . . early in our marriage, we made a commitment to attend some type of marriage retreat annually, where tips for healthy communication were encouraged.
– Sharing a Christ-centered commitment
– The gift of Children, and now Grandchildren!
– Raising our children to know and love Jesus
– Making Family memories . . . like camping/4-wheeling trips!
Giving and receiving GRACE!
Make a lifelong commitment to set aside a weekly date night, and give it priority status by putting it on your calendar. Don’t let anything, except an emergency, interfere with that commitment!!